शुक्रवार, 30 मार्च 2012

I want to do Chikni Chameli type item-Mona Singh

Mona 'Jassi' Singh, who's back to doing fiction on TV after a gap of six years, gets talking about her recent weight loss, getting only pregnant woman roles, item numbers and more
So, you're back to fiction after six years. What kept you away and what's brought you back? It's been exactly six years since "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi" (JJKN) ended. When it got over, I had decided that I'll not do fiction, because nothing can get bigger and better than "Jassi". But now I've realized that one should never say never. I am an actor, I'm here to act. And if you look at TV right now, it has really changed - it's going back to the basics, its going back to being simple. So, I felt this was the right time to go back to fiction. Moreover, “Kya Hua Tera Vada" (KHTV) seemed like a perfect comeback.
Does that mean you've bid adieu to reality shows and anchoring? I've done everything - hosting shows to anchoring singing competitions to participating as a contestant. I think there is nothing more left for me to do, except judging a reality show.
Were you apprehensive about playing a mother to three kids? Actors usually quit when there is a generation leap or kids are introduced into the show. No not at all and why would I? I'm playing a role, just like I was in "Jassi". People at that time also asked me if I had any apprehensions about playing an ugly girl. No, I did not. It's the same with "KHTV". I'd love to play Mother India also someday. I'm an actor, I'm here to explore, take up challenging work and give it my best shot.
Serials are being named after hit movie songs. Do you see this becoming a trend? Oh tell me about it. I love "Bade Acche Lagte Hai" - the serial as well as the song, and I think you can relate more to the serial, if you've heard the song. The recall value is very high. Even "Kya Hua Tera Vada" is such a popular song; I think sabne yeh gaana suna hoga, even the younger generation. I agree that it's again, a trend, and it's catching up. In just the name, you have the whole crux of the show, and I think that's just beautiful.
Do you think television is now becoming a more powerful medium than films - in terms of both, entertainment and popularity? There is no doubt that the television industry has grown tremendously. All TV actors are respected, all of them are earning well, and they all are celebrities in their own right. And with stars too wanting to host or judge shows, you can imagine how important TV, as a medium, has become. And why not, television reaches out to the masses, and you become a part of everybody's daily life. I'm very proud of being a television actor.
Is that the reason, why you are not doing movies, despite receiving good reviews for your role in "3 Idiots"? I won't say that I was flooded with offers post "3 Idiots", but whatever offers I got were for playing a pregnant woman, which was bizarre. I fail to understand why people don't see you as an actor - they always see you as a particular character and then want you to play similar character always. This is not what I want to do.
Every actress is jumping on to the item girl bandwagon. Can we expect you to do an item song in the future? Your fans haven't seen you dance ever since you won the show, "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa"... I did get some offers after I won "Jhalak", but I was pretty shocked about it. I was like 'Oh my God, do I have that kind of an image?', because people have always called me cute, bubbly and a happy Sardarni, so I didn't know what it's going to be like. But now, I've lost a lot of weight and I would love to dance, and if the song is as good as " Chikni Chameli", I'd jump at it.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...