शुक्रवार, 27 जनवरी 2017

Mumbai celebrates Jackie Chan’s KungFu Yoga

Cinema legend Jackie Chan was in Mumbai today to promote his upcoming international film, KungFu Yoga, directed by Stanley Tong. The city welcomed the global action star with much fanfare, fitting for a superstar of his stature. His host in Mumbai and co-star Sonu Sood , ensured that the day was one to remember with a string of events that paid tribute to him. Jackie Chan was first welcomed at JW Marriot,Mumbai with a traditional Indian cultural dance and then joined the rest of the cast - Sonu Sood, Disha Patani, Amyra Dastur and director Stanley Lang at the press conference organized at the plush five star. The trailer of the international action-comedy was screened to a packed house of well-wishers and the Indian media. On the occasion said Jackie Chan, “I'm sure all of you sitting here have watched my films growing up when your parents took you to watch them...it's my wish now that you take your parents for this one." Talking about the film said director Stanley Tong, “ In 1993, we shot the film The Myth in India and I fell in love with India. I'm happy KungFu Yoga has brought me back here....it was an amazing experience shooting in Rajasthan ". Said Sonu Sood, “ When I received a call from Jackie Chan’s office for this film , I just couldn't beleive it. When things were finalised ,the first person I called was my father and we decided to watch the film together .I lost my father before this film released but I'm distributing the film in India now and in a way I see it as honoring my father's memory...he would have wanted this". Said Disha Patani, “The entire experience of shooting this film was amazing and something I will never forget.We are overwhelmed with all the support and love we have received ". Jackie Chan made a grand entry in a vintage automobile and was then treated to a special showcasing of martial arts by an Indian troop. He later gorged on the signature Mumbaiya street food as the hotel recreated the typical “khau gaali “ambiance, within the hotel premises. The eventful day ended with Sonu Sood throwing an honorary private party for Jackie Chan that was attended by some of the biggest names from the Hindi film industry.  KungFu Yoga releases nationwide in four languages – English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu 3rd February, 2017. Presented and distributed by Sonu Sood (Shakti Sagar Sood Productions) in India, the multi-lingual action adventure comedy features international action star and cinema legend Jackie Chan, Lay Exo, Disha Patani and Amyra Dastur and is directed by Stanley Tong

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...