Universal Music Group South Asia today announced that Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director & CEO, South Asia has been named as a member of the high profile selection committee for Midem’s annual Artist Accelerator Programme.
Midem, a leading international business event for the music ecosystem hosted in Cannes, France, from June 6 - 9, recently announced 2017’s committee of distinguished experts for the programme that includes executives such as Rob Hallet, founder of Robomagic (UK), Christopher Kaskie, President of Pitchfork (USA) and Renneth Tshisikule, the founder and director of The Independent Music Exporters South Africa (IMEXSA), amongst others. The programme is designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally.
Part of the Midem conference, the Artist Accelerator Programme affords a dynamic opportunity to promote nine upcoming international artists carefully selected by the committee. It features a range of curated networking opportunities, as well as learning and coaching sessions with key music industry leaders from around the world. The nine finalists will also have the chance to perform live at Midem and have a song featured in Midem’s audio-visual communications, as well as placement on the official Midem 2017 compilation vinyl.
Of the appointment, Sanyal said: “I’m extremely proud to be part of the committee for the 2017 Midem Artist Accelerator Programme. In India and around the world, the music industry is immensely vibrant, just phenomenally creative and innovative at present and I’m thrilled that remarkable artists from all corners can participate in this programme and get a chance to showcase their talent on a platform as prominent as Midem.”
The 2017 Midem Artist Accelerator Committee are:
· Christian Bernhardt, Agent, United Talent Agency (USA)
· Willy Ehmann, SVP Domestic GSA, Sony Music Entertainment (Germany);
· Rob Hallett, Founder, Robomagic (UK);
· Christopher Kaskie, President, Pitchfork (USA);
· Yoon-Young Kong (Dalse), Founder & Executive Producer, Zandari Culture Company (South Korea);
· Patrik Larsson, A&R and Label Manager, Playground Music Scandinavia (Sweden);
· Laurence Muller, Founder & Managing Director, Snoot (France);
· Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director & CEO, Universal Music Group South Asia / EMI Music South Asia / Enchanted Valley Carnival (India);
· Renneth Tshisikule, Founder & Director, The Independent Music Exporters (South Africa);
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company. Find out more at: http://www.universalmusic.com