मंगलवार, 1 मई 2018

That I am born a Woman is my biggest award: Sushmita Sen


I Am Woman, an event and awards ceremony that celebrates the inspiration of women was created by Karan Gupta Education Foundation and IE Business School three years ago. This year’s winners of the I Am Woman award included Sushmita Sen, Tata group industrialist Leah Tata, Actress & RJ Malishka Mendonsa, Activists Jyoti Dhawale and Preethi Srinivasan, Advocate Abha Singh, Artist and Philanthropist Michelle Poonawalla, International Designer Falguni Shane Peacock, and Entrepreneur Bhavna Jasra. The event compere was Dr. Amber Wigmore, Director of Career Services at IE Business School and Actress Madhoo Shah. 
“This was the first year we opened nominations to the public and we are overwhelmed with the response – we received thousands of nominations from power women all over the country. Each of the women had inspiring stories to tell and it was a very hard decision to finalize a short list of women who are the winners of the I Am Woman award,” states Dr. Karan Gupta, the founder of KGEF and MD of IE Business School, India.
Sushmita Sen was  elated. " The fact that I am born a woman is my biggest award," said Sushmita, adding that she was a firm believer of the concept I AM Woman and the fact that the award insituted by Karran gupta Education Foundation was named I Am Woman left her feeling "privileged." 
“I am visiting India for sole purpose of being part of this renowned event. I was the host of the 2016 edition of I Am Woman and I look forward to once again hear the inspiring stories of women and encourage them in any way that I can,” adds Dr. Wigmore. 
Guests and celebrities at the prestigious award ceremony included Maheka Mirpuri, Sheeba Sabir, Reshma Merchant, Farah Khan Ali, Aarti and Kailash Surendranath, Mrinal Deshraj, Vikas Bhalla, Kiran Bawa, Arzoo Gowitrikar, Aditi Gowitrikar among others. 
The 2017 I Am Woman award was given to Amruta Fadnavis, Laxmi Agarwal, Gauri Sawant, Farah Khan Ali, Malini Agarwal, Shaheen Mistry, and Krishika Lulla. The 2016 I Am Woman award was given to Sonam Kapoor, Reshma Merchant, Maheka Mirpuri, Raunaq Roy, Kiran Bawa, Nisha Jamvwal, Devita Saraf, Amrita Raichand, Rouble Nagi, and Lucky Morani. 
“KGEF’s sole mission is to work towards the education of underprivileged children and women empowerment. It’s high time that men take an active role in empowering women. In Mother Teresa’s words – I alone cannot change the world but I can cast a stone in the waters to create many ripples,” adds Dr. Gupta.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...