The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA), the grandest celebration of Indian Cinema, put on a show for the ages in the cosmopolitan city of Bangkok, Thailand. The evening saw a spectacular melange of glitz and glamour with Bollywood’s crème de la crème, global dignitaries and world media in attendance at the reputed Siam Niramit Theatre on 24th June, 2018 as throngs of fans flocked to witness the grandest of all stages, the coveted NEXA IIFA Awards Styled by Myntra.
The grandest of stages saw the talented duo Karan Johar and Riteish Deshmukh play hosts in their own inimitable way. With Karan’s witty zingers and Riteish’s charismatic avatar combining on stage, the director-actor Jodi entertained the audience with their crackling chemistry.
As the finale of the celebrated IIFA Weekend & Awards, the IIFA Awards saved the best for the last as India’s most loved actress and timeless beauty Rekha put on a nostalgic performance as she took the audience back in time. The night also featured mesmeric performances from Bollywood superstars including Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Kriti Sanon, and Lulia Vantur.
This year, IIFA honoured and paved tribute to two of the most celebrated actors of Indian Cinema the legendary Shashi Kapoor & Bollywood diva Late Sridevi.
The glamorous night also saw venerated actor Anupam Kher being presented with the prestigious ‘IIFA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema’, recognizing his immense contribution to Indian Cinema. Additionally, Style Icon of the year presented by Myntra was given to Youth Icon Kriti Sanon at the event.
For the fourth consecutive year, the IIFAs will be broadcast exclusively on India’s No.1 premium Hindi entertainment channel, COLORS with a stunning line-up of star-studded programming comprising of flashback episodes, IIFA Buzz, IIFA Rocks and the NEXA IIFA Awards. For the digital savvy viewers the same will be available on India’s leading video-on-demand platform, VOOT, from the house of Viacom18.
The principal partners for the 19th IIFA: Title Sponsor of IIFA Awards NEXA, Styled by Myntra; Global Broadcast partner Colors Viacom18; Digital Content Partner Voot; Cause Partner Woosh Washing expert campaigning about Equality at home; Official Host Destination Partner Tourism Authority of Thailand, Official Hotel Partner Marriott Marquis Hotel, Host Venue Siam Niramit;
Other key partners of IIFA 2018 include Official Direct Selling Partner QNET; Brand Partner Ease My Trip, Official Travel & Hospitality Management Partner Wedniksha; Pre-Event Cocktail Partner Superdoc; Airport Hospitality Partner Pranaam GVK Guest Services; Official Hair & Makeup Partner Nabila’s Salon, NGENTS and Zero Make up Official Time Partner Craig Shelly.
The IIFA Awards Winners:
· Best Picture- Tumhari Sulu
· Best Story- Amit V Masurkar (Newton)
· Best Direction- Saket Chaudhary (Hindi Medium)
· Best Debut Director - Konkona Sen Sharma (A death in the Gunj)
· Best Actor in a leading role Female- Late Sridevi (Mom)
· Best Actor in a leading role Male- Irrfan Khan (Hindi Medium)
· Best Music Direction - Amaal Mallik, Tanishk Bagchi & Akhil Sachdeva (Badrinath Ki Dulhania)
· Best Playback Singer Female- Meghna Mishra (Main Kaun Hoon - Secret Superstar)
· Best Playback singer Male- Arijit Singh (Hawayein - Jab Harry Met Sejal)
· Supporting Actor Female- Meher Vij (Secret Superstar)
· Supporting Actor Male - Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Mom)
· Best Lyrics - Manoj Muntashir (Mere Rashke Qamar – Baadshaho)
· Myntra Style Icon Award- Kriti Sanon
· Next IIFA give away winner - Arjun Kapoor
IIFA is dedicated to building bridges across cinemas, businesses, communities and nations, creating everyone’s dream: “One People. One World”. IIFA continues on its journey with strength to grow every year in the world of entertainment and building the outreach as a major event globally to bring positive results and impact.