मंगलवार, 28 जून 2016

Manoj Bajpayee learns Judo

Manoj Bajpayee, who will be seen playing Judo coach Biranchi Das in his forthcoming biopic, Budhia Singh: Born To Run, had to learn the self-defense art for his role.
The National award winning actor learnt Judo for a particular scene to make it look real and considering the method actor that Manoj is, he also practiced the martial art form with Judo experts on the set.
A source informs, “Though Manoj has performed action in several films, this is for the first time he will be seen executing authentic Judo fight scenes in Budhia Singh: Born To Run. Since he wanted the fight scenes to look real, he was ready to learn Judo for couple of days under the supervision of Judo experts.”
“Judo is an intensely physical sport requiring participants to have excellent upper and lower body strength and power. Manoj followed a particular diet for couple of days which included food with high carbohydrate and protein intake,” the source adds.
“I follow my own diet (for a few days, he was on a high-carb and protein). I keep experimenting, but I am not into building a bulky, muscular body. I am always ready to shape myself into any kind of role physically. Mentally, it’s a different thing. I chalk out a process and just follow it,” Manoj informs.
“I love running, so that was not a problem, but since Biranchi used to teach Judo, I had to undergo basic training in the martial art because there are a couple of shots where he is teaching. So, I trained for 15-20 days,” the actor adds.
The versatile actor kept his interaction with Mayur to the minimum on the sets. “Since I play a coach who was strict by nature, I had to maintain a distance and not become too friendly with him,” he reasons.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Code Red Film Productions and directed by Soumendra Padhi, the film will run in cinemas on August 5, 2016.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...