रविवार, 18 फ़रवरी 2018

Being part of Kolkata Baabu Moshayes is going very well for me: Anshul Pandey


Actor Anshul Pandey, who is playing for Kolkata Baabu Moshayes in Ekta Kapoor and Anand Mishra’s MTV BCL, says that he loves his team. The actor adds that the team has superb players and he is proud to be part of it. “Being a part of Kolkata Baabu Moshayes is going very well so far. We have a good bunch of dedicated players and the team is very different from last year. Many of us are new and everybody is amazing,” he says, adding, “It has also been a great experience with Marinating Films. It’s amazing to work with them.” 
The actor says that he is concentrating on the basics of the game. “The main task and responsibility is to get the basics right and stick to your game plan. The trick is to perfect the basics and not try something too fancy,” he says. 
However, there are some challenges that the team is facing as well. “The main challenge for me is to get the hang of this ball that is used to play BCL. It behaves very differently from the normal cricket ball, so, yes, to understand it and see how it behaves is the main task,” he says. 
Anshul has already started practicing regularly. “Since the last three days I have been regular at practice and these have been intense 3-hour sessions,” he says. 
Stamina has never been an issue for Anshul. “Stamina and energy has never been an issue for me. I play football regularly twice a week and also run on a daily basis. The focus for me is to build some arm strength. The ball used in BCL is very soft so to bowl fast you really have to bend your back and use considerable arm strength. That's what am working on,” he says. 
Anshul is not part of any show at the moment and had some time on his hands, which is why he decided to be part of BCL. “I am not doing any show currently so it was the right time to be a part of MTV BCL this year. Also, cricket is something that I have played well till state level and is very closely associated with my life,” he says. 
In fact, his association with the game goes back to his school days. “I have loved cricket from a very early age and have been playing cricket all my life. I have not played regularly or followed the sport much since a year, otherwise it’s been a massive influence my entire life,” he says. 
Ask him who his role model in cricket has been, and he says, “My favourite cricketer is Mr Sachin Tendulkar. I have always been a batting all-rounder and am sure he's been an inspiration to every cricketer in my generation and other generations. He was a genius at the craft. One bowler that I have always loved is Glen McGrath.”

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...