गुरुवार, 26 सितंबर 2019

Taapsee and Bhumi pack a punch with Saand Ki Aankh trailer launch



The afternoon was all about charged up emotions, hope and hitting the bull’s eye! Filmmaker Tushar Hiranandani unveiled the trailer of his much awaited upcoming film Saand Ki Aankh in Mumbai's Inorbit Mall on Monday.

The inspirational journey of India’s oldest sharp shooters, Prakashi Tomar and Chandro Tomar is, presented by Reliance Entertainment & Anurag Kashyap in association with chalk and cheese films, is directed by acclaimed scriptwriter Tushar Hiranandani and stars Taapsee Pannu & Bhumi Pednekar. The drama is produced by Reliance Entertainment, Nidhi Parmar.
Present at the launch were the lead actresses Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar. However, the guest of honour was Prakashi Tomar, the shooter Dadi, who is essayed on the screen by Taapsee.

The trailer was received by a thunderous applause from the audience.

Taapsee Pannu, “We really had big boots to fill. Primarily it started with the fact that I wanted to do two films where two actresses would work together with equal roles. They are big heroes for the entire nation to look upto. For me a very emotional reason to do this film was that I just couldn’t stop thinking about my mother when I heard the story. For me this story is about those women, who before marriage spent their life listening to their fathers, after marriage, they lived for their husbands and later they had children and lived for them and never lived for themselves. My mother is 60 and now I feel like telling her that she is should live her life the way she wants. From my side this film is dedicated to my mother”

An emotional Bhumi Pednekar, who plays the role of Chandro Tomar in the film said, “The fact that Taapsee and I were going to do this together was the most exciting part of me because I think I am a phenomenal actor. When Tushar said that she is finalised, I knew that it was meant to be. There are some films which are very special and this is one of them. This film is an ode to my grandparents, my parents, and an ode to my mom. Just what our mothers did for us, we don’t even get a chance to thank them. This is our way of thanking them. Both the dadis is such an inspiration for all of them.

Talking to the media, Tushar said, "I saw them on the episode of Satyamev Jayate, Aamir show and I had tears in my eyes. I told my wife who is also the producer that I wanted to tell this story. But this film is not just me, it my writers Balwinder Singh Janjua and Jagdip and my team, my real hero is Sudhakar Reddym the cameraman. I always knew that I wanted a story to direct but didn't know what. But when I saw them on that episode, I knew I wanted to tell their story. This film is made on believe. Everyone went out of their way to make this film and it took five years.”

Shibasish Sarkar, Group CEO, Reliance Entertainment adds, “This is a real life story. India is a big country and has many stories to tell, but not all stories come in front of us. Tushar identified this story. It is a real life journey of Tomar dadis and their family. It took us some time to put this together and finally Taapsee and Bhumi landed up in the journey. I feel indebted to Tushar for bringing this story to us,”

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...