बुधवार, 2 नवंबर 2011

INTERVIEW- Candice Boucher

Durban-born model Candice Boucher has launched her acting career with her first major role in the Bollywood espionage thriller, Azaan.
From model to actress, the transformation has been rather fast for you. How did you adapt to this and get to grips with starring in a Bollywood film?
It has been quite a journey. I have known director Prashant Chadha for a very long time and have worked with him on different projects. He thought the part would be perfect for me because the script required a Moroccan-European-looking girl. He called me while I was in New York and asked me if I would like to be a part of it and I absolutely said: “Yes.”
Before Azaan came along, were you ever exposed to Bollywood movies and if so, what did you think of them?
I grew up being exposed to them, especially coming from Durban with such a big Indian population. It’s one of those things you never think is going to happen to you because I never really plan for things to happen. It’s been an honour to be a part of an industry such as Bollywood.
How did the movie role happen and why did you agree to do it?
I just thought it would be perfect for me. Prashant scripted it around my personality as he got to know me. He knows me pretty well. I connected with it from there and it has been a good learning experience on set.
Did you have to do any extra work or research to ensure a proper portrayal of your character?
Definitely. I play a sand artist so we had a professional artiste flown in to help me out. She sat with me for days on end, teaching me the art of drawing properly. So I have a newfound respect for an art which is so hard to get a grasp of, but is really beautiful to watch.
How do you rate your first Bollywood experience and are you excited to watch yourself on screen?
I am so nervous to watch the final product. I have had the opportunity to watch the raw footage, but declined it because I want to watch it at the premiere with the audience. I hope I come across convincingly.
Lots of young girls have their hearts set on becoming a big movie star one day. You have done it. What is your advice to them?
It’s one of those things you never think is obtainable. We often get left out of things in South Africa, but obviously things are changing with so many movie shoots happening in our country, especially in Cape Town where the movie market is definitely getting better and better. Any girl trying to do this should just go with the opportunity they get and never give up.
Are you a rugby fan and are you following the Springboks during the World Cup?
Yes, of course. I’ve always supported the Boks and try to catch with their games wherever I am.
What’s next for you? Surely you don’t want to end this movie experience right now?
It’s still overwhelming for me. I’m waiting to see the final product. So I’m taking it day by day and just being grateful for the opportunities I have. Let’s see what happens next.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...