शनिवार, 2 दिसंबर 2017

Marriage isn’t a speed breaker in your career: Suhani Dhanki

Marriage might not be frowned upon, however it is often not welcome in showbiz. There is the common perception that actresses won’t be able to devote as much time, as earlier, to work, once they get married. However actor Suhani Dhanki disagrees. “I think marriage isn't a speed breaker in your life or an obstacle. I think marriage is more about companionship, so if you find the right kind of companion, it shouldn't form like a break in your life. I am lucky to have a partner who thinks the same way as I do, we both are very focused in terms of our careers. We knew if we got married we always would have a lot on our plate; our ambitions and aspirations and we never wanted to put a halt on that. I don't know what other actresses do but I think there is a time and age where you feel you are prepared to settle down and I think I am fortunate that I have found a family that doesn't expect me to change at all. They are allowing me to do everything I want,” she says.
The actor adds, “In fact, when I signed Porus, my wedding was getting fixed and I told Swastik Productions about it and they were okay with managing my dates. I don't really think that an actress getting married is really an issue anymore in the industry what matters is the work. Everyone is more interested in an artist's work, than what they are doing in their personal life. Also the fact that I am playing the love interest of Laksh, isn’t really a big deal. In the end, we are actors and we are all playing characters.”
“I am getting married on 3rd December and my fiance's name is Prathamesh Modi. He is basically from Mumbai and later he moved to London to study and is still staying there for professional commitments. He is a jeweller and financial consultant in London,” she says.
Suhani adds that the two met through their families. “We met in an arranged marriage setup through our mutual connections. We started talking as friends. I started talking to him because I had questions about London so I started talking to him and we've known each other for 2 years. It's been a quite a journey as my father wasn't happy about the idea of me moving to London, so it took very long to convince him but it is a love marriage of course,” she says.
Of course, dressing up for the wedding is exciting. “I am super excited to dress up for my wedding day I know we as actors keep trying out different attires. For my wedding, I have put in a lot of effort in putting together my outfit from the colour, to the embroidery, everything. Moreover, I decided for my wedding that my outfit would be made by the person who has been making my dresses since childhood that is my mother and Sunanda Shah. So they have actually put my wedding outfit together and for my reception, I am going to be wearing a Natasha Dalal outfit,” she says.
While some people are keen on getting married to someone from the same profession, Suhani says that to her these things never mattered. “Actually if you are an actor shooting or you work in a corporate sector, the hours of working vary everywhere. It doesn't matter whether you marry someone from the industry or out, at the end what matters is who you marry,” she says.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...