मंगलवार, 15 अक्तूबर 2019

Shriya Pilgaonkar learns how to play the dhol for her role in Bhangra Paa Le



Shriya Pilgaonkar is known to go all out for every character she plays. The actress, who will next be seen in the dance-drama film Bhangra Paa Le with Sunny Kaushal, wanted to leave no stone unturned while prepping for the part.

Shriya is part of the film’s storyline which is set in a period era. Since the film is based on dance and music, She wanted to do complete justice to her character and make sure she is comfortable playing the dhol for the film.  She has gone the extra mile and learnt how to play the dhol as her character is a spirited young girl from the heartland of Punjab who loves music.

“It's always exciting to get opportunities where I can challenge myself and learn a new skill for a film. I wanted to be authentic with my portrayal of Nimmo, a Punjabi girl in the 1940's who loves music. We have a song in the film where I am playing the dhol and it was important for me to get absolutely comfortable playing it.  I really enjoyed the dhol practice sessions. I'm usually dancing to the music of the dhol, but this time around I learnt how to play it which was a lot of fun" says Shriya.

The actress has been part of films like FAN and gained critical acclaim for her performances in the web series  Mirzapur and Beecham House.

Bhangra Paa Le is directed by Sneha Taurani and produced under Ronnie Screwvala’s banner, RSVP. The film will release in theatres on November 1, 2019.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...